- My friend Merc has blogged one of my favourit-estpoems of his (thx)
- I am excited because I have a new camera (a late birthday pressie) that’s small enough for pocket or handbag so I anticipate madly taking photos of the quirky things I see.
- Came across another cool artist, Neil Buddle (The Reverend) – I am particularly taken with “The Afterlife Series“. I like how the Baxter one has a different red (dripping) background on one edititon – I’d buy that on a T-shirt in an instant!. Check the Diglog too for collaborations with Jason Burgess (Burg).
- I decided today that one of the worst things that could happen as an artist (IMHO) is have McDonalds buy your work for their “family restaurants”.
- I am making plans for this year and the Auckland Writers and Readers festival might be a possibility, although I’d only be able to go for a couple of days. The line up at the festival is pretty amazing and there is so much I’d like to do in Auckland that it would be a very busy time.
- A few days ago I saw the movie “Che: Part One” with Benicio del Toro. Strangely disjointed but excellent – I can’t wait for Part Two.
February 8, 2009 by artandmylife