A reader has sent me an interview meme and as I am still battling with a dialup connection (arrrrgggghhhh!!!) I thought it would be a on-topic but image-lite post to keep things ticking over here.
1) Your blog shows that you have an appreciation for diverse forms of art. Besides blogging, in what ways do you bring art into your life?
I have such a busy non-art life that my thing at the moment, is simply to notice art. You don’t have to go to galleries, art is everywhere. For example I noticed that here along the Otago Peninsula and on the road to Brighton the bus shelters are all painted up – some are really good. Also Dunedin is meant to be full of great street art and I keep a look out for that.
2) Are there any creative medium(s) that you personally like to use or explore? What are they, and what have you created?
Ok I admit it, I used to make art. I gave up because I felt I was just copying what I admired. I painted in heavy oils and used grease crayons. More recently I had a go at Oamaru stone sculpture but had trouble with translating my ideas into 3D. Really, I am an observer, not a “doer”.
3) What is your dream job, and why?
Some weird back room gallery job, or in a museum. Restoring stuff maybe. I watched an exhibition being installed at the Dowse a while back and thought I’d like to do that. More realistically, I’d like to write on a serious basis.
4) If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, and cost and practicalities weren’t an issue, where would you go? What would you do? Who would you take with you, if anyone?
Well if travel wasn’t such a huge hassle and I didn’t have the kids in tow (or had a team of nannies), I think Europe. Maybe Prague? There are lots of things in the UK I’d like to see. Also very specific spots in the USA. I also think I am equally interested in people as well as places. More interesting might be a list of people I’d like to meet and really talk to.
5) Besides art, what things are you passionate about?
Sleep!! No seriously, writing and reading, but time is my enemy.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So to generate some communication here are the instructions if you wish to be interviewed by Art and My Life:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me” (with a link to your blog or whatever).
2. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions (I get to pick the questions)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. (Please include a link to my blog with your answers, so people can follow along.)
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
– This interview came from http://thewaxingmoon.blogspot.com –